An Overview Of What We Do
We offer a wide range of home care and support services aimed at meeting your assessed care needs without compromising your independence, dignity and privacy.
We are aware that each person’s care needs are unique. We work flexibly with our clients and their family or representative to ensure that their care plans meet their care needs. We value the trust our clients have invested in us, and are committed to meeting their expectations. We expect that the need may arise for our clients to add new services or remove some existing ones from their care plans in order to meet their changing care needs; as such, we welcome their input in the review of their care plans.
Our clients’ needs are our priority and we are able to respond to requests at short-notice for respite support, post-operative care, long-term care, support with medication, shopping or other activities of daily living.
We provide care services for:
Older people, adults (over 18) with learning disability, mental health conditions, physical disability and sensory impairment. Our services cover the following aspects of care:
“Aiming for the Highest Standard of care.”
Respite Care is the provision of short-term, temporary relief to those who are caring for family members who might otherwise require permanent placement in a facility outside the home. It can relieve stress, restore energy and promote the necessary balance in your life.
Sometimes, when even the most loving and dedicated of carers need a break. There can be a number of reasons for this; the carers may themselves be unwell or have to be elsewhere, or may need to take a well deserved holiday. This is where Maxim Care Services can be of help. Without respite care services, those cared for at home would often have no option but to enter a residential facility. This can be an extremely upsetting prospect for those with dementia or learning disabilities and their family.
In these situations, Maxim Care Services’ highly trained and experienced carers can offer care and support services on a temporary basis, be it from a couple of hours to cover a shopping trip, right up to a few weeks whilst the primary carer is away on holiday.
“No matter what a Services User’s needs are we will always do our utmost”.
Personal Care & Support with:
- Getting in and out of bed.
- Washing, bathing or showering, oral care, shaving, grooming and applying cream on body.
- Maintenance of skin and pressure areas.
- Undressing and dressing.
- Putting on surgical socks and stockings.
- Toileting and incontinence needs.
- Eating and specialist diet.
- Posture and positioning.
Home Help Services
- Collect prescriptions.
- Light housekeeping.
- Dusting and vacuuming.
- Laundry and ironing.
- Make and change bedding.
- Organise wardrobes and cupboards.
- Take out rubbish.
- Clean the fridge, check food expiry dates.
- Meal preparation and serving meals.
- Pets care – feeding animals, walking the dog.
- Care for house plants.
- Assist with food shopping.
- Drop off and collect dry cleaning.
- Assist with letter writing, reading letters, filling forms.
- Assist with answering the telephone and making telephone calls.
“We all know each other and we are all one big happy family.”
- Sitting service and companionship.
- Arrange medical appointments.
- Help with travel arrangements.
- Provide mental stimulation.
- Accompany out to participate in hobbies and activities including day trips, cinema, theatre, day centre.
- Attending Church or any other interests.
- Visiting family and friends.
- Accompany to lunch and dinner engagements.
- Accompany to shopping, outings and trips.
“We have a complete ethos of people who care.”
Symptoms include loss of memory, confusion, problems with speech and understanding; these differ from person to person. Maxim Care Services is conscious of the individuality of clients. Each client has experiences, abilities, skills, knowledge, preferences, desires and personality which our carers are trained to respect.
Our support and care services build on people’s strengths and abilities to maximise their independence.
Families play a vital role in caring for their loved ones, and our duty of care to our clients ensures a healthy partnership with family members to provide a service that enables their relatives to continue to live independently at home. This partnership also involves active co-operation with relevant organisations. Our overall goal therefore, is to provide a professional service that meets the legitimate expectations of our clients.
- It is aimed at helping people terminal illness to live as well as possible and with dignity. We understand the stress that our clients and their family can be under in such situation, and are therefore ready to offer support with compassion.
- Maxim Care Services believes that many people with mental health conditions can recover to lead a fulfilling life. Our carers therefore devote their time to enabling our clients to regain the capacity to function well and undertake da to day living activities.
- Maxim Care Services supports clients to develop friendships and relationships, do meaningful activities, and be part of their community.
“We are all here for the same thing – to make sure people are comfortable in their own homes.”
* with an emphasis on autonomy*
We believe that clients with supported living needs can live successfully in the community if adequately supported to exercise independence. We therefore play an enabling role to help them gain confidence and capacity to undertake day to day living activities such as budgeting, taking their medication, dealing with bills, personal care and staying healthy through physical exercises and healthy diet.
We support them to access training, voluntary jobs, gain interview skills with a view to securing paid jobs. We also work with them to develop social skills and avail themselves of other relevant professional support in the local area such as GP and dentist.